Author Topic: Properly cleaning your PC.  (Read 211 times)

Cousin Vinny

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Properly cleaning your PC.
« on: July 18, 2013, 08:47:27 PM »
This guide is solely based off my personal experience with my laptop (Dell Inspiron N7010 2.3gb ram, 300gb HDD)
Now there are many ways to clean your PC and there are 2 personal favorites of mine that I will explain in this guide. One of these methods is fast and very, VERY simple, the other however will take time, patience and steady hands. So without further ado, let me start the guide.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guide 1(Fast Method)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Step 1: Unplug and power your PC off.
Step 2: Get a strong vacuum with a type of brush attachment for the hose.
Step 3: Locate all the vent looking holes on your PC
Step 4: Use the vacuum to suck all the dust out of the PC that you can.
Guide 2(Long Method)
Step 1: Flip your PC over after powering it off and unplugging it.
Step 2: Locate and unscrew all the screws.
Step 3: Remove the quick-snap plate on the back of the PC.
Step 4: Remove the screws to the HDD and remove the HDD.
Step 5: Remove your ram card and you video card locate above the HDD.
Step 6: Pull the CD drive out .
Step 7: Pull the battery out and remove all the screws.
Step 8: Remove your keyboard (be careful there is always a ribbon wire attached to it).
Step 9: Remove all of the screws under the keyboard.
Step 10: Remove the face plate that covers the keyboard area.
Now this is where it gets to where you need to be gentle.
Step 11: Take a Q-Tip and dip it in a little bit of rubbing alcohol/hydrogen peroxide.
Step 12: Use the Q-Tip to remove the dust located on your motherboard.
Step 13: Remove the screws located around the fan.
Step 14: Slowly spin the fan blades to dislodge any dust from in between the blades and the sides.
Step 15: Take another Q-Tip with rubbing alcohol and clean the fan thoroughly.
Step 16: Piece your PC back together and test it out.
This was a issue with my PC's fan which stopped it from working completely and would have costed me $50 in the shop to have fixed. If your fan goes out check to make sure its not dust before sending it in and even if it isn't dust with this guide you can just order a new fan and replace it yourself.
??Mclab/Vince

beware

Re: Properly cleaning your PC.
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 02:47:27 AM »
I just submerge mine in water, cover it in magnets or delete system 32.

(don't do these, please^)

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal
Page loaded in: 0 seconds.